Come Play at the Y
Included with your membership, the Y offers on-site care for your child during your visit to the Y. Children can stay for up to one hour while you work out.
Children will not be admitted without a reservation. Reservations open 24 hours in advance.
Who can stay?
Children who are named members on an active membership can stay at one of our on-site child watch areas. There are two areas where children can stay at each center.
- Y-Play: Infants older than six weeks, toddlers and young school-age children. Maximum age varies by center.
- Youth Activity Center: School-age children up to age 12. Minimum age varies by center.
Parents, guardians and adults 18 and older are authorized to leave a child with Y-Play, and they are required to remain on-site at the Y during their child’s visit. Only the adult who signs in a child may sign them out.
How long can my child stay?
Children may stay for up to one hour per day and a maximum of nine hours per week. This state-mandated limit is inclusive of all locations within the YMCA of Middle Tennessee association and is not per center.
What if my child is sick?
We are unable to accommodate children who are sick.
What safety measures are in place?
- Spaces are limited to 50% capacity to encourage social distance.
- Reservation time slots are staggered to ensure we never exceed 50% capacity.
- Children are screened when they enter the building, according to our member safety guidelines.
- We clean our spaces every 30 minutes.
- All "soft" surfaces that are difficult to clean, such as dolls and play clothes, have been removed.