Unemployment Insurance Claims
Loans and Hardship Withdrawals from your YMCA Retirement Fund
While you are working for a participating Y, you can borrow money from your accounts in the Savings Plan—the 403(b) Smart Account and the Rollover Account. Since you are borrowing from your own accounts, all interest that you pay will be credited back to your accounts. Learn more.
An employed participant who has made tax-deferred contributions to the 403(b) Smart Account may withdraw these contributions if they have a financial hardship. Learn more.
Emergency Hope Fund
The Y has created an Emergency Hope Fund specifically for our furloughed staff. This fund is intended to provide staff who have been significantly impacted with access to financial resources to support immediate and essential needs.
Contact Chaplain Dori Gorman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Food Assistance Available
Food Pickup for Families
As you may know, School Age Services, Camp Widjiwagan and other parts of our Y have been doing amazing work supporting Metro Nashville Public School’s efforts to provide children in Davidson County with much-needed food and meal service during this crisis. We want you to know that this service is also available to you if you have a child and are in need.
The Y is currently supporting “grab and go” food distribution sites at Camp Widji, Paragon Mills Elementary, Glengarry Elementary School and Donelson Middle School weekdays, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. In addition, you can pick up food at any other distribution site listed on the MNPS website. No documentation is required and your child does not have to be an MNPS student, but they must be present at pickup in order for you to receive food.
Self Care, Anti-Racism and Equity Resources
Racism and inequity can significantly impact all areas of a person’s health. Because we care about our team, we have provided some resources and information that may provide help and support during these trying times.
If you would like to connect with our Chaplain during this time for prayer, support, or a listening ear, please reach out to Dori Gorman by phone at 773-251-5587 or by email at email@example.com.
Other COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 Resources for Nashvillians
- How to get financial help after losing your job - Tennessean
- Frequently Asked Questions when Filing an Unemployment Claim
- Metro Action Commission | Help with Rent and Utilities
- Application & Information for Temporary Unemployment
- Families First (TANF) Emergency Cash Assistance Application
- Local Social Services Directory | 211.org
- Economic Impact Payments: What You Need to Know | IRS
- State of Tennessee COVID-19 Unemployment Guide fo Workers
- United Way COVID-19 Response Fund—Assistance for Individuals
- Federal Government Coronavirus Resources Help Center
- Economic Impact Payments Information from IRS
- Cigna - Save Money on Prescription Drugs with Express Scripts