As the nation’s leading nonprofit dedicated to youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y is committed to giving everyone in our community the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive, regardless of their financial circumstances.
That’s why we offer the Income-based Rate Scale (IBRS), which offers reduced membership rates to individuals and families with a total household income below $75,000. Members who experience a temporary financial setback, such as a job loss, are also encouraged to seek temporary membership assistance through the Y’s Open Doors program.
The Y is able to provide financial assistance through IBRS and Open Doors thanks to caring individuals and businesses who donate to our Annual Giving Campaign.
HOW TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
• Bring a copy of your most recent tax return to the Y.
• Let our staff know that you'd like to discuss membership through IBRS/Open Doors.
• A membership representative will meet with you one-on-one to discuss your options.
• Based on the information that you provide, he or she will assist you to determine your income-based rate.
• You will complete the simple membership application form and be on your way to being a member of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee.