Back to List of Current Openings
YMCA of Middle Tennessee Current Openings
Y-Play Attendant - Maddox
Current operating hours can be found on each center's home page
Pay Range: $7.26-$8.17 per hour (Depending on Experience)
Consistent with the Christian mission and Hope for Life Vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the YPLAY Coordinator, the YPLAY Attendant is responsible for ensuring the care, safety, and well being of all children in the group. The YPLAY Attendant will work with other site staff to foster children’s social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education / Experience Required:
- Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
- Ensure safe and risk free environment in YPLAY areas; maintain YPLAY security procedures
- Care for children ages six weeks through six years old in YPLAY
- Implement and coordinate activities as needed (Kids Gym, creative arts, story hour, special events) that daily builds children in Spirit, Mind and Body
- Maintain proper hygiene of children relating to diaper changing and toilet training
- Build relationships and interact with members
- Keep current Infant, Child and Adult CPR and First Aid
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions
- Minimum 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Pre-hire: complete YMCA of Middle TN application for employment, new hire packet, Redwoods Child Abuse Detection / Prevention and Bloodborne Pathogens training
- Before the start of first shift: First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Emergency Oxygen; A signed Hepatitis B declination form or receive Hepatitis B vaccine series
This position requires an individual with an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, members, volunteers, and school leaders and have the ability to work well with children in cooperation with other site staff.
Physical Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand; walk on uneven surfaces; sit; handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. The employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level is usually minimal to moderate.
This description is a summary of the functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed. The YMCA of Middle Tennessee reserves the right to review and adjust this job description as business needs dictate.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and employment application with a cover letter to:
No phone calls, please.